Welcome to Winston-Salem Film Academy
This program is a fully immersive hands-on video production class with an emphasis on story telling and monetizing your new skill set. As far as we know, it's the first of its kind that truly explores how to actually make a career out of what you learn here.
Your Instructor: Tracy Misner
I am so excited to share this program with Winston-Salem. I have been producing videos since 1993 and have been editing on Final Cut Pro since 1999! In 2009, I began teaching film and video at Alpharetta High School in Alpharetta, Georgia. My program was based on the principles of common business techniques brought into the classroom. The success we shared was nothing short of amazing. We won 32 Student Production Awards from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. I became Teacher of the Year from the Student Television Network. I also became and Apple Distinguished Educator in 2016.
But wait, there's more! The students succeeded at such a high level that many chose to start their own production companies. Some have gone on to YouTube fame. Others went into sports production, film, news and content creation.
We have partnered up with Mixxer Makerspace right here in Winston-Salem to bring you a class that will give you hands-on experiences in story writing, shot composition, film production, editing, content creation, audio production and yes, monetization.
How to Sign Up:
Please click on the link to go to the Mixxer site to sign up and pay your tuition: https://www.wsmixxer.org/steam
And here's where it gets even better! We will also teach you how to successfully prepare a sustainable business plan AND Piedmont Federal Bank will teach you how to plan your money so you can start that business and stay in business!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will I have to bring any of my own equipment? No, we furnish you with camera, tripod and editing system.
2. What is the cost? Tuition is $750.00
3. What if I have no experience? No worries...we will teach you everything you need to know to make a great looking professional video.
4. What equipment will we be using? We have 27 inch iMacs loaded with Final Cut Pro. We have Canon cameras, Rode Wireless mics and an assortment of lights, tripods and other gear to make your experience totally immersive.
5. What will our day be like? I will instruct you in a professional setting and then let you replicate what I show you.
6. Will I have fun? Of course you will! You are going to be able to produce your own videos...but now they will look and sound professional.
7. Who is the camp designed for? This camp is for rising 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th graders. Coming Soon: Creatives Film Academy designed for those wanting to explore a change in their career and learn a new, monetizable skill set!
Misner will teach you how to Run It Like You Own It! Get ready to learn from a seasoned professional - Misner's students"
All the Tools You Need to Succeed
We will give you a video workspace including a Mac with Final Cut Pro, professional audio gear, cameras, mics, lights, and tripods. And we have gear for you to learn how to film on your phone!
Do you want to know how to write, film, edit, share and engage an audience--and learn how to actually build a career out of your new skill set!